Thursday, November 20, 2008

You can't just league jump

You can't just league jump, you gotta work your way up. This isn't little league, you don't just move on to the next league because you had a birthday... This is real life. You have to work to go from the CFL to the NFL, from the D-League to the NBA, from the minor leagues to the big leagues... Why should it be any different in real life?

I was having a conversation with my friend "Zoe" the other day, who is recently single, and she asked me "Did guys suddenly lose their balls?" She's been frustrated recently by the way she has been asked out on dates, in really lame, roundabout, scared-to-fail type of ways. Sadly I had to inform her that a lot of guys out there never had any balls to begin with (sorry all you ball-less dudes out there... Grow some). She says, "It's like I have some kinda sign that says 'If you're not in my league, please ask me out...' Please don't try, you can't just league jump" and to that I simply said... "awesome". I was simply amazed at the amount of Swagger exuded at that moment. Because you know what? She's right! As I said earlier, you have to work to get to the top, you don't just start there.

The bottom line is, there are leagues! You don't have to stay in your league, but you have to work your way up. In other words, pay your dues... or just be naturally awesome like me. Step your game up!

No comments: